Czech Republic, English
(1) Parenthood and the family are under the protection of the law. Special protection is guaranteed to children and adolescents.
(2) Pregnant women are guaranteed special care, protection in labour relations, and suitable labour conditions.
(3) Children, whether born in or out of wedlock, enjoy equal rights.
(4) It is the parents’ right to care for and bring up their children; children have the right to parental upbringing and care. Parental rights may be limited and minor children may be removed from their parents’ custody against the latters’ will only by the decision of a court on the basis of the law.
(5) Parents who are raising children have the right to assistance from the state.
(6) Detailed provisions shall be set by law. (Charter, Art. 32)