(1) The Election Commission shall, subject to this Constitution and other laws, conduct, supervise, direct and control the election of the President, the VicePresident, Federal Parliament, Provincial assemblies, local bodies. The Election Commission shall be responsible for preparing the voters’ list for the purpose of election.
(2) The Election Commission shall hold referendum on subject of national importance as per this Constitution and Federal laws.
(3) If candidacy nominations have been registered for the election of the President, the Vice-President, the member of Federal Parliament and Provincial Assembly but a question arises before the completion of the election about the illegitimacy of a candidate, a final decision thereon shall be made by the Election Commission.
(4) The Election Commission may delegate any of its functions, duties and powers to the Chief Election Commissioner, Election Commissioner or any employee of the Government of Nepal to be exercised and followed in compliance with the conditions specified.
(5) Other functions, duties and powers and working procedures of the Election Commission shall be as regulated by law. (Art. 246)