1. The Constitutional Council, on the appeal of any of the following: the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Chairperson of the Senate, the Chairperson of the Mazhilis, at least one fifth of the total number of deputies of the Parliament, and the Prime Minister:
1) decides in the event of a dispute the question of correctness of election conduct of the President of the Republic, the deputies of Parliament and the conduct of a republican referendum;
2) considers, before they are signed by the President, the laws adopted by the Parliament for their compliance with the Constitution of the Republic;
2-1) considers, for compliance with the Constitution of the Republic, resolutions adopted by the Parliament and its Chambers;
3) considers, before ratification, the international treaties of the Republic for compliance with their Constitution;
4) gives an official interpretation of the norms of the Constitution;
5) gives conclusions in cases provided for by paragraphs 1 and 2 of Article 47 of the Constitution.
2. The Constitutional Council examines the appeals of the President of the Republic in the cases provided for by subparagraph 10-1) of Article 44 of the Constitution, as well as the appeals of the courts in the cases established by Article 78 of the Constitution. (Art. 72)