(1) Land is Somalia’s primary resource and the basis of the people’s livelihood.
(2) Land shall be held, used and managed in an equitable, efficient, productive and sustainable manner.
(3) The Federal Government shall develop a national land policy, which shall be subject to constant review. That policy shall ensure:
(a) Equity in land allocation and the use of its resources;
(b) The guarantee of land ownership and registration;
(c) That land is utilised without causing harm to the land;
(d) That any land and property dispute is resolved promptly and satisfactorily for all;
(e) That the amount of land that a person or a company can own is specified;
(f) That the land and property market is regulated in a manner that prevents violations of the rights of small land owners; and
(g) That the Federal Member States may formulate land policies at their level.
(4) No permit may be granted regarding the permanent use of any portion of the land, sea or air of the territory of the Federal Republic of Somalia. The Federal Parliament shall enact a law regulating the size, timeline and conditions of permits of land use.
(5) The Federal Government, in consultation with the Federal Member States and other stakeholders, shall regulate land policy, and land control and use measures. (Art. 43)